If you are an art or craft instructor we would like to hear from you. Are you interested in teaching seniors, youth, adults or children? The Arts Council (LAC) is looking for instructors. If you are an instructor and see yourself working with the LAC and sharing your art talent, ideas and enthusiasm.
- You can apply at any time.
Proposal Deadlines for:
- Winter - December, January, February, March - Deadline August 15
- Spring - April, May, June Deadline - December 31
- Summer - July, August Deadline - March 30
- Fall - September, October, November, December - Deadline June 30
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
Teacher Responsibilities: after your proposal is accepted.:
- You must be a member of the Arts Council of Ladysmith and District
- We do NOT RENT the room out.
- Although The Arts Council will publish the classes available the the ARTS MAGAZINE & Ladysmith Parks & Rec Guide it is also your responsibility to promote your class or workshop. If you require a poster we can create one on request. Your self promotion will also ensure the class success.
- It is your responsibility to call the Ladysmith Parks, Rec, & Culture 250-245-6424 2 days before your class runs to receive a list of students enrolled to determine if the class is a "go" or it will be cancelled upon your instructions. It is your choice to run a class below expected numbers.
- There is 30 minutes after the class concludes for clean up and before the next class begins. Please leave the room tidy and change paper on the tables in consideration of the next class. Wash the sink and let us know if there are any problems we need to know about..
- Billing, Please present the Arts Council with an invoice once your class has completed. You can be expected to be paid by cheque in 7 days upon receipt of your invoice.
- Once your class has been accepted you will receive a proof. This is important and your responsibility to read it over carefully and return immediately. This will be done by email.
- A brief resume
- Those who will be teaching youth a Canadian police information check (CPIC) will be required and a copy will be kept on file in the office..
Please fill out the form below