Title: Gallery Show Opening Host
Location: Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery
The Waterfront Gallery is the flagship of the Arts Council of Ladysmith and District. With 13 000 visitors in 2018 and 19 curated shows a year, the Gallery is a busy place. We have 11 Member show’s a year and the opening of each show includes a talk by an artist.
This position includes but are not limited to the following:
· Greet and Welcome guests as they enter the Gallery
· Direct guests to seating or food depending on the time
· Help with the setup and take down of the space
· Help with refreshment layout
· Ensure seating guests who come late
· Passion and interest in the Arts
· Ability to help on weekends
About 2-4 hours once per month
Training as needed
Benefit to Volunteer:
Become part of the most vibrant art community on Vancouver Island. Meet new and interesting artists and art lovers. Enjoy volunteering in a wonderful art space where you can get a break from everyday chores. Attend show openings and listen to a wide variety of speakers.